I am back @ ISB and the first thing I saw today morning as I was walking towards my room was a batchmate of mine carrying a heavy load of books. Was shocked to hear that they were for him and not for his kid … which of course meant that I also needed to buy those books. Just came back after buying 3 of the 4 required texts. Believe me … they are real bulky.
The subjects we have this term and the profs who will be teaching us are as follows:
1) Operations Management – Prof. Sunil Chopra (Kellogg) / Prof. Sudhakar Deshmukh (Kellogg)
2) Managerial Accounting – Prof. Sri Sridharan (Kellogg)
3) Entrepreneurship – Prof. S Venkataraman (Darden) / Prof. Ramakrishna Velamuri (IESE)
4) Corporate Finance – Prof. Rangarajan Sundaram (Stern) & Bhagwan Chowdhry (UCLA)
5) Leadership Development Program – Prof. Rajeshwar Upadhyay
We can also take an additional elective this term. For those of us who opt for the ELPs (projects), heavy work will start soon.
I think the chartered accountants (CAs) are going to have a ball this term as two of the subjects (2 and 4 above) will just be a cake-walk for them. The others are going to have to slog it out.
There is so much to be read before going to the class tomorrow … no prof is going to discuss less than 5 chapters tomorrow in the book he has prescribed and that is an awful lot to be covered. I am in no mood to read all of that right now …. I mean what a pleasant weather …. heard its been raining here continuously since Friday. Hope its still raining in Chennai …. Chennai-ites desperately need it. Don’t know when I will get a chance to go home to Delhi … don’t think I will get one before the course ends 😦