Venue: PS High School, Mylapore
Organizer: Nadopasana, Chennai
Date: 16th Sep 2006
Vocal: Sri T.M.Krishna
Violin: Sri S. Varadarajan
Mridangam: Sri K. Arun Prakash
Khanjira: Sri Anirudh Athreya
List of songs:
1) jananI ninnuvinA – rItigOwla – misra chApu – subbarAya sAstri (S)
2) nenaruncharA – simhavAhini – Adi – thyAgarAja (S)
3) ennEramum undan – dEvagAndhAri – Adi – gOpAlakrishna bhArati (A)
4) krupajU – chAyArangiNi – Adi – thyAgarAja
5) O ranga sAyI – kAmbOji – Adi – thyAgarAja (ANS)
6) pArvati ninnu nE – kalgadA – Adi (tisra gati) – syAma sAstri
7) rAgam tAnam pallavi – kIravANi – chatusra jAti rUpaka tAlam (2 kalai)
pallavi wordings: “bramhai vAham kila sadgUru krupayA” ( from sadAsiva brahmendra’s composition)
8) sakhi prANa – chenchurutti – Adi – dharmapuri subbarAyar
9) jagadOdhAranA – kApi – Adi – purandaradAsa
10) kisalaya shayana – nAdanAmakriya – Adi – jayadEva
11) mangala slOkam (mangalam kOsalEndrAya) – nAdanAmakriyA
TMK, as he has done many times in the past, enthralled the audience with a beautiful concert. His style of rendering the last portion of neraval and kalpana swaram in a continuous, full-throated way once again captivated everyone.
Detailed rAga AlapanAs were done for kAmbOji and kIravAni. The pallavi line “bramhai vAham kila sadguru krupayA” in the kIravANi RTP was structured as follows (A=aksharam): (starts 0.5A before samam) bram (1A) hai (1A) vA (1A) ham (1A) ki (0.5A) la (+ gap= 3.5A) sat (0.5A) gUru (1.5A) kru (0.5A) payA (1.5A). Total akshara count = 1A + 1A + 1A + 1A + 0.5A + 3.5A + 0.5A + 1.5A + 0.5A + 1.5A = 12A = akshara count of chatusra jAti rUpaka tAlam (2 kalai).
6 thoughts on “TM Krishna @ Nadopasana, PS High School, Chennai”
Krishna had another wonderful concerts here in Bangalore y’day at Malleswaram Sangeetha Sabha. Umayalpuram and Sriram Parashuram were accompanying artists. Bhairavi ( Amba Kamakshi ) , Surutti ( Geetharthamu ) and Shankarabharanam ( RTP) were too good.
Where is Sharada temple and Ramakrishna home located? Tmk’s concert venues .
I don’t know for sure … have to check up myself. Will let you know once I find out. Ramakrishna Home I think is in Mylapore. I am not sure about the Sharada Temple.
Heard about the songs TMK sang yesterday in Malleswaram from a friend of mine …. would have loved to attend the concert very much had I been in Bangalore especially because it seems a lot of songs I like were sung by TMK (ex. gItArtamu, chAla kalla). Hope he sings some of those in his upcoming concerts in Chennai
Looks like one of his routine concerts. It would have been prolly good to have attended. But, i couldnt make it.
The Sharada Temple is located on Venkatanarayana Raod, T Nagar. They have concerts for Navaratri, Rama Navami etc. Nice place.
Ramakrishna Home is on PS Sivaswami Road, right next to Vivekananda College, in Mylapore.
Thanks for pointing out the location of Sharada Temple. I am new to Chennai and it takes me some time to really figure out where many of the concert venues are.