Venue: Sringeri Bharathi Vidyashram, 11, Venkatnarayana Road, T. Nagar, Chennai
Date: 25th Sep 2006
Vocal: Sri T. M. Krishna
Violin: Sri V. L. Kumar
Mridangam: Sri Tanjore Murugabhupathy
Ghatam: Sri Vaikkom Gopalakrishnan
List of songs:
1) AnandAmrutakarshini – amritavarshini – Adi – muthuswAmi dIkshitar
2) sanAtanA – phalamanjari – Adi – thyAgarAja
3) vazhi maraithirukkudE – tOdi – Adi – gOpAlakrishna bhArati (AN)
4) pArvati ninnu nE – kalgada – Adi (tisra gati) – syAma sAstri
5) kamalAmbA – Anandabhairavi – misra chApu – muthuswAmi dIkshitar (AS – main)
6) sEvikka vEndum – AndOlikA – Adi – muthuthAndavar
7) pullAgi (viruttam) – sahAnA, kalyANi, bilahari, atANA and sAmA
varuvArO – sAmA – Adi – gOpAlakrishna bhArati
8 ) sarvam brahmamayam – madhivanti – Adi – sadAsiva brahmendra
9) kanakamaya – husEni – rUpakam – swAti tiruNAL
10) pavamAna (mangaLam) – sOwrAshtram – Adi – thyAgarAja
Another beautiful concert by TMK with the lilting AnandabhAiravi kriti kamalAmbA chosen as the main song. Sri Tanjore Murugabhupathy played the mridangam very well and provided very good accompaniment for the songs.
7 thoughts on “TM Krishna @ Sringeri Bharathi Vidyashram, Chennai”
dei composer kku apparam bracket ennamo ezhuthariye, athu enna da? Also why have u not numbered the varuvaro song? I thot u didn’t in the earlier cases coz the songs were of the same ragam. Let me know if there are anyother concerts lined up this week.
In brackets: A = alapana, N = neraval, S = swaram … indicates what all was sung for the song apart from the composition.
I haven’t numbered the varuvarO song because the viruttam that was sung preceded that song and is related to that song. The viruttam is in rAgamAlika and ends (as is customary) in the raga sAma which the song is based on.
There are lots of concerts lined up for this week. See https://ramsabode.wordpress.com/concerts-in-chennai/ for details. I will try to go for the Neyveli Santhanagopalan concert today but am not sure whether I will be able to make it as I have a conf call at office that might just clash with the concert.
Also, “main” in the brackets indicates that that song was chosen as the main piece for elaboration.
I hAve A strAnge feeling thAt you Are copying the sAme post Again… everything seems to be the sAme 🙂 I hope it is All new
Dont Ask me how. bAck home… they cAll this ‘SK’ instinct 😉
Does this ‘SK’ mean Sankar Karthik or someone else? This is ‘Maverick’ instinct. 🙂
SK .. kalakkitta … but you need not have spilled the beans in public 😉
ha ha… is this the same Maverick who always lost to me in NFS?
… and it is Sankar Karthik.
Ram: enna serippu rascal… enna chinna pulle thanmma errukku ! velaiye parru.