Venue: Sathguru Gnanananda Hall, Narada Gana Sabha, TTK Road, Chennai
Date: 26th Sep 2006
Vocal: Sri Neyveli R. Santhanagopalan
Violin: Sri V.V. Ravi
Mridangam: Sri Papanasam Ashok Ramani
List of songs:
1) tatvamariya taramA- rItigOwLa – Adi – pApanAsam sivan
2) venkataramaNA – latAngi – rUpakam – pApanAsam sivan (ANS)
3) saravaNabhava – kannada – Adi – pApanAsam sivan
4) kArtikEya – tOdi – Adi – pApanAsam sivan (ANS)
I had to leave after the tOdi composition. The concert was supposed to start at 7 PM but instead started one hour late at 8 PM because the people who were giving speeches during the award/felicitation ceremony that took place before the concert went on and on for extended periods of time. Many in the audience were visibly frustrated.
Sri Guruvayur Dorai was originally supposed to have played the mridangam but he couldn’t come. So Sri Papanasam Ashok Ramani, who is known to us more as a singer, donned the mantle of the mridangist for the concert.
14 thoughts on “Neyveli Santhanagopalan @ Narada Gana Sabha Main Hall, Chennai”
I believe in right to speech and expression for all 😉 … so didn’t remove your comment Ramki. Anyway I told you I am going to make changes before doing so. SO don’t act as if you didn’t know what I was going to do
Old Monk …. did it take you so long to realize that … man you should have seen that correlation during the year at ISB itself 🙂
a concert doesnt look possible for me till sunday as of now. if i am lucky, might just be able to go somewhere on friday…
dude… you got me wrong…
1. You were the mridangam expert on campus… cynosure of all eyes…
2. You were so smart that you started receiving alliance offers in Term 2 itself…
3. You became so famous that your namesake from Hero Honda/ Castrol is doing some soul-searching in your home-town delhi now to revive his spirits.
What is the point if you keep editing comments?
Free Speech != Freedom to post but will be censored.