Venue: Asthika Samajam, Venus Colony, Chennai
Date: 29 Mar 2007
Organizer: Asthika Samajam
Vocal: Vid. Sangeetha Sivakumar
Violin: Vid. M.A. Krishnaswamy
Mrudangam: Vid. Manoj Siva
Khanjira: Vid. Anirudh Athreya
List of songs:
1) mErusamAna – mAyAmALavagowLa – Adi – thyAgarAja (ONS)
2) evarikai – dEvamanOhari – misra chApu – thyAgarAja
3) rAma ika nannu – sahAnA – rUpakam – paTTaNam subramaNya iyer (AS)
4) eppaDi manam – husEni – misra chApu – aruNAchala kavi
5) sarasa sAma dAna – kApinArAyaNi – Adi – thyAgarAja (S)
6) endukO nI manasu – kalyANi – Adi – thyAgarAja (ANST)
7) kahAn kE pathik – chenchuruTTi – chatusra Eka (tisra gati) – tulsidAs
8 ) mAmava paTTAbhi – maNirangu – misra chApu – muthuswAmi dIkshitar
9) nI nAma rUpa mulaku (mangaLam) – sowrAshTram – Adi – thyAgarAja
(Key: O=raga outline, A=raga alapana, N=neraval, S=kalpana swaram, T=taniavartanam)
Vid. Sangeetha Sivakumar presented a quality concert ably supported by her team of accompanists. She sang the kritis beautifully with some very good sangathis put in almost all songs. Her raga alapanas were very enjoyable. She was appreciative of her accompanists and seemed to maintain very good eye contact with the audience almost throughout the concert.
“evarikai“, “eppaDi manam” and “mAmava paTTAbhi” were sung really well. Neraval and kalpana swarams were put in the kalyANi kriti at “thyAgarAja hridaya“. Tanivartanam comprised of chatusra naDai, misra naDai, few rounds of kuraippu in misra naDai, a misra kuraippu and mOra-kOrvai.
Hope Vid. Sangeetha Sivakumar gives concerts more frequently.