Venue: Asthika Samajam, Venus Colony, Alwarpet, Chennai
Date: 31 Mar 2007
Vocal: Vid. Aishwarya Vidya Raghunath
Violin: Vid. Akkarai Swarnalatha
Mrudangam: Vid. Erode Nagarajan
List of songs:
1) tuLasi daLa – mAyAmALavagowLa – rUpakam – thyAgarAja (S)
2) aparAdamula – latAngi – Adi – paTTaNam subramaNya iyer (ANS)
3) kAru bAru – mukhAri – Adi – thyAgarAja (A)
4) bhOgIndra shAyinam – kuntalavarALi – kanDa chApu – swAti tiruNAL
5) srI raghuvara – kAmbOji – Adi – thyAgarAja (ANST)
6) smara sundarAnguni (jAvaLi) – paras – Adi – dharmapuri subbarAyar
7) challarE rAmachandru – Ahiri – misra chApu – thyAgarAja
8 ) nI nAma rUpa mulaku (mangaLam) – sowrAshTram – Adi – thyAgarAja
(Key: O=raga outline, A=raga alapana, N=neraval, S=kalpana swaram, T=taniavartanam)
While Sri Sanjay Subrahmanyan from Chennai was rocking Bangalore at Fort High School grounds, a young lady from Bangalore was trying to do something similar in Chennai. Vid. Aishwarya Vidya Raghunath from Bangalore presented a nice concert at the Asthika Samajam in Venus Colony here. The mukhAri and kAmbOji alapanas proved that both Aishwarya as well as Vid. Akkarai Swarnalatha have a lot of talent. The mukhAri alapana was followed by one of my favorite kritis in that raga “kAru bAru“. The main kriti of the day “srI raghuvara” had neraval and kalpanA swaram put at “sItA nAtha thyAgarAjanuta“. Sri Erode Nagarajan played taniavartanam in chatusra and tisra naDais. He played very well for the songs with some very effective use of ghumukhis.
3 thoughts on “Aishwarya Vidya Raghunath @ Asthika Samajam, Chennai”
As you said, she has lot of talent and courage. Will need lot of concert practice,though. Her song selection, presentation etc are good. I’m also impressed with the way she carry herself during concert. Very confident.
You are spot on.
Aishwarya is an immensely talented girl (also happens to be my cousin!!).She is extremely dedicated and is passionate about music. Will surely go on to be a great singer one day.