Rasika Ranjani Sabha, Trichy, established in 1914, has been conducting music competitions since 1984 to encourage students learning both vocal and instrumental music. Apart from giving many prizes to the winners under each category in various groups, the Sabha has been conferring the coveted title “SANGEETHA SRI” to the outstanding competitor in senior group from 1991 onwards. Also, for the outstanding competitor in the Junior group “L. V .Memorial Prize” (in memory of the sabha’s former Hon. Secretary Late. L.Venkataraman) is being given every year from 1999 onwards.
This year’s competition is being conducted in the month of June. For more details and rules governing the conduct of the competition in different categories, please contact: Sri N. Sekar, Hon. Secretary, Rasika Ranjani Sabha, 146, West Boulevard Road, Tiruchirapalli – 620 002; Ph: 0431-2704736; email: email@example.com
General rules are as follows:
1. Applicants should submit age proof certificate. (01-07-2007 is the basis for age consideration).
2. Application (Vocal / Instrument) can be obtained in person from 1st May-2007, at the cost of Rs. 15/- from the Sabha office (5.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m. on all days except Sunday). (To obtain through post, add Rs. 10/- towards postage).
3. Application form duly completed in all respects (along with age proof certificate for Sub-Juniors & Juniors) should reach the Sabha office on or before 8.00 p.m. on Thursday 31st May 2007.
4. Money orders / Demand Drafts are to be drawn in favour of the “Hon. Secretary, Rasika Ranjana Sabha (Regd.), Trichy – 2”, for the request of applications and/or for entrance fees along with submission of the filled in applications.
5. The likely dates & time of competitions are as under.
Sub-Junior (Vocal) …….. 3rd June’2007 ( Sunday – 3-30 p.m.)
Junior (Vocal) …………..9th & 10th June’2007 ( Saturday 10-00 a.m. & Sunday 2-00 p.m.)
Senior (Instrumental) 17th June’2007 (Sunday 3-30 p.m.)
Senior (Vocal) …………….22nd,23rd & 24th June’2007 (Friday,Saturday 10-00 a.m. & Sunday 2-30 p.m.)
6. No change in the songs will be entertained after the submission of application. If an applicant does not fill up the details of required number of compositions for any composer, the applicant will be debarred from participating in the particular division.
7. The contestants should be present in the Sabha atleast thirty minutes before the commencement of the competition.
8. The exact date and time of competitions will be notified in the notice board provided at the Sabha office at 6-00 p.m. on Friday, 1st June’ 2007.
9. The decision of the Judges and the Special committee constituted by the Sabha for the conduct of the Music Competition- 2007, shall be final.
I Prize: One who obtains not less than 60% and stands first among the competitors.
II Prize: One who obtains not less than 50% and stands next to I Prize winner.
III Prize: One who obtains not less than 40% and stands next to II Prize winner.
The contestants shall not be eligible for any prize inspite of their ranks unless they secure minimum percentage of marks as set out above.
11. Prize Distribution: A celebrated dignitary will award Prizes and Title to the winners at a special function.
12. Contestants for instrumental competitions have to make their own arrangements for prompting thalams.
13. In Sub-Junior category (Vocal) and in all caterories (Instrumental) those who had obtained the first prize in the earlier years are not eligible for contesting again in the same category.
14. The Sabha will provide lodging facilities for candidates participating from other states. Transportation and boarding are to be borne by the candidates. To & fro Second class conveyance charges, by train will be reimbursed for candidates securing a minimum of three (3) prizes, to facilitate them for coming in person to receive prizes.