Abhishek Raghuram presented a superb concert today on Shri Tanjore Upendran’s remembrance day at Sastri Hall, Mylapore, Chennai. He was very ably accompanied by Mysore Srikanth on the violin and Anantha R. Krishnan on the mrudangam. The three gelled together very well on stage, as they usually do.
Song list was as follows:
1) Era nApai (varnam) – tODi – Adi – paTTaNam subramaNya iyer (O)
2) gurulEka eTuvaNTi – gaurimanOhari – kanDa cApu – tyAgarAja (NS)
3) dhanyuDevvaDO – malayamArutam – Adi – paTTaNam subramaNya iyer (ANS)
4) rAvE parvata rAjakumAri – kalyANi – mishra jampa – shyAma shAstri (ANST)
5) vadaninnE (jAvaLi) – kApi – rUpakam – rAmanAthapuram shrInivAsa iyengAr
6) khElati piNDANDE – sindhubhairavi – Adi – sadAshiva brahmEndra (A)
7) bhujagashAyinO (mangaLam) – yadukulakAmbOji – rUpakam – swAti tiruNAL
(Key: O=raga outline, A=raga alapana, t=tAnam, N=neraval, S=kalpana swaram, T=taniavartanam)
5 thoughts on “Abhishek Raghuram’s concert for Shri Tanjore Upendran Remembrance Day”
No Swathi. Didn’t record. I think Abhishek doesn’t like his concerts getting recorded as I heard he is planning to commercialize some of them.
Hope they release this commercially
The concert was superb, especially the Main.
Yes. It was!