What an experience! Still in a trance more than an hour after the concert got over. The joy of experiencing TMK’s music in a mic-less concert at such close quarters!
Organizer: Dr. S. Balachander Trust
Venue: Sastri Hall, Mylapore, Chennai
Vocal: T.M. Krishna
Violin: Akkarai Subbulakshmi
Mrudangam: Manoj Siva
Khanjira: Anirudh Athreya
List of songs:
* mundu vENuka – darbAr (ANS)
* tAnam – mukhAri
* tAnam – sArangA
* inta mODi (varNam) – sArangA (S)
* mauLau gangA (viruttam) – gauLipantu
* kuvalayAkSirO – gauLipantu
* dinamaNi vamsha – harikAmbOji (ANST)
* mOdi jEsEvElarA – khamAs (tNS)
* shrI subramaNyAya namastE – kAmbOji (AN)
* mangaLam kOsalEndrAya – kAmbOji
(Key: O=raga outline, A=raga alapana, t=tAnam, N=neraval, S=kalpana swaram, T=taniavartanam)
(Apologies for missing out the other artists in the photo below. Was literally sitting right in front of TMK and couldn’t get the entire team from that angle)
4 thoughts on “TM Krishna for Dr S Balachander Trust, Chennai”
Just stumbled across your blog, wonderful to find another person writing about Carnatic music,
I like the O, A, T, N, S key. Clever way of keeping the list more organized.
Where was the neraval for Dinamani Vamsha?
Did you record this concert?