Whenever we are in a crisis, it seems like we are caught in a dark tunnel. There is fear because we are in unfamiliar territory. Right now, in the times of the Corona virus pandemic, the fear is global.
Remember: The tunnel connects where you were just some time back to where you are going to be in some time. You are transitioning from the past to the future. A change is in progress. If you keep thinking about the past or about future scenarios, you are going to drive yourself crazy.
So what do you do?
Be in the present moment. There are things you can control and things you cannot. What you can control allows you to move from fear to empowerment. The key is to move from the state of fear to an empowered state. From crisis to growth.
How do you do that?
- Ask what you can change in yourself and in your environment physically? Bring more awareness to your body and health. Change old, unconscious, depleting habits. De-clutter.
- Find out what you can change in the way you use your senses to connect to the environment and to look within. Connect with nature. Reduce usage of gadgets and social media.
- Develop courage and confidence. Pursue a hobby or something you wanted to always do but could never find the time earlier.
- Feel your interconnectedness. Widen your heart. Connect with more and more people. Deepen your heart. Help someone in need in whatever way you can. Hold and express gratitude. Forgive and heal emotional hurts.
- Open your mind to new directions. To new light and learning. To creative ways of manifesting.
- Grow spiritually. Look within. Take courses on self-development. Invoke peace and calmness.
Amid the gloom of the present Corona virus pandemic and the resultant lock down in many parts of the world, there is also a realization of positive changes that have happened for the first time in many years. For instance, air pollution seems to have come down drastically in many cities of the world where people are now breathing cleaner air.
But for these changes to be sustainable, it is important that the changes in our habits last. That we do not go back to our old habits once the situation improves. So that we truly get to see light at the end of the tunnel!
For further reading:
1) “The Life Divine” by Sri Aurobindo
2) “Collected works of Mother“, Sri Aurobindo Ashram
3) “Into Great Depth of Your Being” by Arul Dev