Here is a five point formula to deal with anxiety and stress from Stoicism, a school of philosophy that closely examines such topics.
- Take the view from above. Step back and see life from a higher vantage point than our own.
- Recognize what you have control over and what you don’t.
- Differentiate real problems from imaginary ones.
- Learn what you can live without.
- Cultivate the one thing you have control over – your inner self.
For further reading:
1) “Meditations” by Marcus Aurelius
2) “Discourses and Selected Writings” by Epictetus
3) “Letters from a Stoic” by Seneca