As a leader, here are a few basic things you can do in this time of crisis.
1) Send an email or a message reassuring employees that you are there for them. Please do this immediately if you haven’t sent one already. Do not underestimate the power of this.
2) If you are not planning to do job or pay cuts, convey that explicitly. It will be very reassuring.
3) Allow employees to work from home. Do not compel them to come to office, unless the nature of their work demands it.
4) Reduce the number and duration of calls/meetings to what is absolutely essential.
5) Do not penalize employees for Covid leaves taken for themselves or for their family members.
6) If possible, offer financial assistance in the form of salary advance.
Please feel free to add to this list in the comments.
Photo by Clay Banks on Unsplash