Read “A.R.RAHMAN – The Spirit of Music” today. It is a compendium of conversations that the author Nasreen Munni Kabir had with Rahman over a period of four years, all of it presented in one go (not divided into chapters/ sections per se).
- Though a lot of the information in the book is already available in the public domain, it does carry that “authenticity” as coming straight from Rahman himself
- There are ample details around Rahman’s thoughts on composing music, on spirituality and on life in general
- There is a complete discography at the end of the book covering all of Rahman’s work till 2010
- If you think in terms of success and failure, you can end up becoming too careful and lose the joy of creating music
- I think people who stop thinking we’re all ordinary people, lose it all. It’s very important to stay grounded
- Working within your own limitations can bring good results
- As life unfolds itself to a man, the first lesson it teaches is humility; the first thing that comes to man’s vision is his own limitedness